|Here's the side of the menu with the standard faire.|
|My "delicious" Busch Light tall can. It's not that good of beer but it is potable and cold.|
|Here's the French Dip, LEE style served. It looks really good. Their bread is beautiful, very dark jus. A nice white plate, skewers with blue frillies and a nice dill pickle spear.|
|Here's a close-up of the sandwich. The bread is really nice. Kind of pillowy looking, pretty white. And the cheese is nicely melted out there and there's a nice amount of roast beef.|
|Another shot of the sandwich with the dill pickle spear. You can see the nicely grilled and slightly buttery bread.|
|Here's the sandwich in hand. The roast beef looks very fine. It doesn't look greasy. You can see the cream cheese but it's not too much of it.|
And now for a pause in the action
I ate ONE HALF of this sandwich without the jus because it is so good. I really liked the flavor a lot. The bacon made it smokey. They cheese was good. The jalepenos added a really nice element and the cream cheese made it smooth. This is a great sandwich. But I debated the need for the jus. Why would I be bastardizing a very fine sandwich in jus? Isn't the jus to augment and add depth to a fairly plain meat sandwich?
|So after eating half of this sandwich without jus because it was just-that-good, I got to dipping. The jus is super dark and that's a great sign. The whole thing wreaked of quality.|
|There's the money shot, friends.|
- The sandwich has a very nice presentation. It is professional prepared and you can tell that care went into its making. Thank you very kindly, Mr. Chef person.
- Dark jus. The jus is very dark and that's a good sign. It didn't have an oily sheen and I'm starting to believe that's an asset as well.
- Pretty bread. The bread is very pretty. Is it homemade? Where did it come from. This is a very nice feature of the sandwich.
- Blue toothpick skewers. Thanks.
- Pretty salad. Yes, the salad was pretty but in the end it had too much dressing on it and I didn't enjoy it very much at all. I would strongly suggest always serving the dressing on the side so your guests can control their drizzle.
- Nice pickle spear. Yep, good pickles are good.
- Good / perfect size. Yes, the sandwich had a perfect size. Not too big or small. Good amounts of meat.
- Nice, smokey taste. The bacon added a lot.
- Good chewiness, cheesy. The bacon added some chewiness as well that was great. The flavor of this sandwich was outstanding.
- Good amount of meat. Nice roast beef that was good looking and plentiful and augmented very effectively by the other toppings.
- Jalepenos are really nice and cream cheese balances: smooth. I loved the jalepenos and cream cheese (and bacon and cheese) on there. It made for a great sandwich. Jalepenos weren't overpowering and added a lot to the experience. They were typical probably canned pickled types and that was good for me since I like jalepenos a lot.
- Sandwich alone is delicious and a five. Yep. No doubt about it. Great. Not a "fresh" sandwich like with veggies on it and whatnot but a very delicious one.
- Hardly need the jus. Yes, this is where I struggled. I love au jus but why would I need to put it on something that is already so salty and delicious? It detracts from the value the au jus could potentially add. I didn't want to bastardize or over complicate the sandwich with the jus, ate half without it to pay respect.
- Nicely toasted and buttered bread
- Nice good, salty, dark jus
Bread 5 of 5
Meat 3 of 5 good roast beef
Non-Meat Toppings 5 of 5 jalepenos, Swiss, bacon and cream cheese added a lot to the sandwich
Sandwich alone 5 of 5
Jus 4 of 5 Good jus
Sandwich into Jus 3 of 5 I just don't believe that the jus is required in this case. I guess I would recommend this sandwich to anyone and the jus is nice to have as a backup. Maybe this thing is just so delicious it blew my mind. Or was it overwhelmingly salty between the various parts?
Overall Experience 4 of 5 I liked this sandwich a lot and the Dub Pub is a great place to eat tasty treats and watch sports