Raw Tasting Notes
- The restaurant location is clean inside and smells good. It smelled a little bit like Indian food to me but it was a pleasing food smell.
- The sandwich was expensive at $12 for the sandwich only and I found the sides to be quite pricy as well.
- I was not given a choice of cheese type but I was okay with that. I later came to find out it was Swiss cheese and it was very good and very complimentary, very well melted and mixed in with the beef.
- I got the sandwich only with a can of Diet Dr. Pepper, which was good and cold.
- The reason I was down there was that my wife didn't want to stay and "watch me eat a sandwich", so she went grocery shopping while I participated in my hobby. Thanks, Jessica!
- The location is downtown old town Issaquah and easy to find although I must say I had never previously noticed it and the place had been open for years.
- The sandwich alone is a 4-5 score for its size, good beef and really nice, temperature hot flavor.
- There was tons of beef on this thing; very impressed with the size and amount of beef.
- The darkly caramelized onions were also very good and complimentary. 5 to the non-meat toppings.
- The au jus was scalding hot like I had never experienced. Molten lava hot but also very good. 5 of 5.
- The sandwich was not greasy at all even with the cheese in there.
- The sandwich was indeed quite salty but I don't want to take points away from it for this issue. The flavor really was nice.
- The bread was very absorbent bread and since the jus was soooo hot, it kind of was hard to eat but hot food is not a problem unto itself, that is the problem of the eater. The hotter, the better for most things, I say.
- The sandwich had a great, unique and delicious flavor.
Also while thereI asked a couple of guys who sat near me if the Reuben sandwiches they ordered were any good and the guy said, "this jew approves", which must have been a very good sign.
SummaryMeat 5 of 5 for its crispiness and amount.
Non-Meat Toppings 5 of 5 for adding something really good to the sandwich.
Bread 4 of 5. All you needed, nothing overly special but good enough and complimentary.
Jus 5 of 5. Peppery, temperature hot, delicious.
Overall 5 of 5. A really great sandwich with a really big portion. Temperature hot, peppery, good cheese, great jus, salty delight.