Setting the Stage
My wife is a veterinarian, animal lover and into riding horses. We are not affiliated with a lot of horse people and a group that likes to do Endurance horse racing. This is where the horse and rider travel long distances (25-100 miles) and stop at checkpoints to ensure the health of the animal. We found ourselves near Yakima, WA for one of these races in which my wife competed the weekend before the 4th. We had just gotten back from a week-long trip to Michigan as well since Jessica's grandmother Dorlene had passed away.
On our way home from Naches, WA, we stopped by a tavern in Greenriver, WA, which is just before Enumclaw on your way down from Mt. Rainier. It was a beautiful summer day and many people were out enjoying it.
I didn't intend to have a French dip but I got lucky.
|Neat outdoor seating table they have.|
|Outdoor bar area they have.|
|Menu side 1.|
|Menu side 2.|
|French Dip. Thinly sliced roast beef on a hoagie roll. Served with Au Jus on the side. $11.50. "with au jus". No real benefits that they're selling. Probably need a menu revision to better communicate the value of this sandwich to clientele.|
|Tall cans are good.|
|Jessica thought this was a Red Bull advertisement but I don't think it is.|
|It's not. :)|
|Nice little ornamental things out there. It was a nice environment.|
|Even some nice wind-chimes.|
- Bread looks good (looked better in person than it does look in the pics)
- Small but good salad - Cheddar cheese, red onion, tomato
- Medium rare beef which is a nice touch
- Orange skewers
- Very great flavor of the sandwich alone
- Really soft, good bread - it looks soft. But was really good.
- Jus cold and tastes like wine - I asked for more and for it heated. Perhaps to strong of a wine flavor but was good.
- "That's a lot of meat in this one", said Jessica, so that's a plus.
- Good, thick cut roast beef that almost tastes like bacon.
- Sandwich alone a 4 of 5.
- Jus 4 for their use of red wine and was also somewhat spicy
- Bread could have been more toasted
- Jus not something you'd want to drink, too rich but good
ScoringBread 3 of 5 for lack of toasting. But was good and soft.
Meat 5 of 5 for medium rare roast beef that almost tasted like bacon
Non-Meat Toppings - there were none
Jus 4 of 5 for wine taste, spiciness. Very unique and fancy