|Sorry for the blurriness. Cheese bread?|
|Cornichons on the skewer, kind of a cute, nice touch.|
|Didn't look very good or meaty. Served with an orange slice. Why? The whole sandwich kind of has an orange hue to it. Why? :)|
|We think we see cheese but it's actually just fat on that meat. :(|
|Jus looks fine, served in a large cup / bowl.|
|The money shot, blurry. Sorry for the bad photography. We can see it's not overly meaty. :(|
Setting the stage
We were sitting having beers and this guy named "Cirus" came up and chatted us up. He needed a seat. He worked for the tribe and at some point the conversation regarding my French dip hobby came up. He said there was one in the casino at one of the other restaurants. At some point he disappeared and I ordered and enjoyed nachos.
Out of the blue (I thought this was super weird but also super nice), the guy reappeared with a French dip and french fries. It honestly didn't look very good and I had just eaten so I was not overly stoked. I tried to refuse his gift but he insisted. So I demonstrated to my buddy Jason the technique of reviewing a French dip sandwich. He and I agreed it was a 2 of 5 in quality and enjoyment. I really appreciate Cirus sharing this with me (it was comped) and we had a good time at the casino, generally. We will be back. But I will not be back for the French dip.
- The bread was a 2. Kind of cheap, white and pillowy with this cheese-top feature which I thought was odd.
- The meat was a 2. It was not heaping and had visible, ugly fat and was a grayish hue
- The jus was a 3-4 but looked and tasted like something from a packet. Good taste, large size.
- Jason said, "The fat looks like cheese", which was definitely a memorable yet sad comment.
- Overall this thing gets a 2