|Sitting at one of the tables in the middle of Union in downtown Anacortes. I hadn't seen Josh for years so it was fun. Great to catch up with that guy.|
|A second serving of meek jus. I took poor notes on this sandwich so you'll have to bare with me on my recollection. Overall good not great. 3 or 4, definitely not 5.|
|Here's the sandwich. Looks pretty sad, I suppose. And a bit greasy, and a bit "flat", as I earlier expressed.|
Setting the Stage
- French Dip
- Sandwich. 3. Was decent, salty and tasty as a standalone unit. A bit greasy and "flat" like a car may have run over it.
- Jus. 2. They gave you hardly any jus, which is always disappointing knowing that demand is much greater than supply. Just bad economics. I was given a second half-full cup of jus. I got by but this is worth the complaint.
- Meat. 4. Fun to have corned beef and of course that's tasty and salty, let's not lie.
- Non-Meat Toppings. 3. Don't need the rest of the stuff but that was part of their concept: aioli and cheese. Rich. Probably too rich and didn't make the jus mean any more to me than it could have.
- Overall. 4. Giving this a somewhat high score because of the creativity and uniqueness. Shame for the mayo and cheese combo; that's just overkill....but again, that was part of their concept....
- Salad - Didn't eat it but could have been fine.
- Radishes. 5. Nice touch.